Detailed Information About Spirit Airlines Date Change
‘Changes are inevitable, but who explains this to airlines’. Plans can change which directly affect those advanced book tickets and a worrying upsurge with it- How to deal with those flight tickets. Either you can change the travel date or cancel your flight reservation, but both options come with lots of work.
If you booked your flight tickets with Spirit Airlines and going through the same kind of plan change dilemmas, this information can help you out.
Spirit Airlines is an American ultra-low-cost airline that offers several options for Date Change and cancels flight reservations. This detailed guide about Spirit Airlines Date Change and Cancellation policy can help you to sneak out a way from this problem.
First- Basic Information of Spirit Airlines
Founded: 1983 (as a Charter one)
Alliance: Currently not a part of any alliance
Category: Seventh largest U.S. Commercial carrier and Ultra-Low-Cost Carrier
Customers Loyalty Program: Free Spirit
The slogan of the Airline: “Less Money. More Go.”
Daily Flights: More than 400
Destinations: 77 destinations throughout Central America, South America, the United States, and the Caribbean
Fleet Size: 153
Important Points about Spirit Airlines Date Change Policy:
Before starting the process, it’s better for you to read the Spirit Airlines policy, so you can be prepared better and know every lop holes to avoid the change fees or pay less. These are some important point related to the policy that you must know (however, we still advise you to read the policy in details):
- As per American federal rules, the consumer can cancel or make a change in their flight within the first 24 hours from the time of flight reservation for free. This rule is applicable on flights to/from the United States.
- You may allow for Spirit Airlines Date Change for free if you caught in some unfortunate incident. Occasions like serious illness, a death in your family, or they are summoned for jury duty. However, you must send a copy of summons or obituary in such a case to Spirit Airlines to avoid paying a change fee.
- If the airline makes any change in your destined flight such as departure or arrival time, passengers can make flight changes without any fees or even can ask for a full refund in some serious cases.
- If the flight is three hours late or more, the airline is bound to refund the partial or full amount of the flight ticket.
- Some credit card allows trip change coverage; check whether your card provides you such benefit.
- If you booked refundable or flexible tickets, you are eligible for free Spirit Airlines Date Change.
How to Date Change on Spirit Airline?
The least expensive and fastest option is to visit “My Trips” and make modifications yourself. The other option is to speak to a Guest Service Representative at the airport or call at Guest Contact Centre.
- Please remember that taking the help of the Guest Service Agent is an expensive method as the airline will charge you higher modification fees because it costs Spirit time and resources.
- Flight Modification can be made up to 1 hour before departure of the flight. Some passengers are qualified for cancellations or changes at no cost.
- If any passenger cancels their flight booking outside of 24 hours frame or less than seven days before the travel date, any remaining amount fewer cancellation fees will be issued in a credit shell.
- If the new ticket price is less than the previous price, the airline will provide a Future Travel Credit to the passenger which can be used to book any available flight within 60 of issuance. If the new ticket price is higher than the original price, the passenger is required to pay the price difference including government taxes and fees.
- As an additional benefit to the passengers canceling or make changes online, The airline provides its passengers a travel voucher one way (maximum 2 travel voucher) to be applied for future trip plans, if the price of flight tickets is less than the cancellation charge.
Steps for Spirit Airlines Date Change process
The date change is not a common scenario that’s why lots of flyers don’t know about the exact process. Although, it’s very easy and simple! Passengers can easily make date change request with Spirit Airlines, up to 24 hours before departure of the flight.
Follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website of Spirit Airlines and then click on My Trips.
- Now enter the last name of the passengers and confirmation code into the required field.
- Click the Continue tab.
- Now select the flight that you want to cancel or change from the available list of the booked flight.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Spirit Airlines Date Change process.